01 Apr Here’s Why I Love Your Smile!
I adore these two quotes from Mother Teresa:
“We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.”
“Peace begins with a smile.”
Growing up, I was told by many “you’re always smiling” and while my smile may have resembled Slimer’s from Ghostbusters (in my humble opinion) and then me morphing into a brace-face (I know, things weren’t looking good for me!), it did not stop me from flashing my gnashers!
I soon discovered that my toothy smile seemed to brighten up a person’s day or at least uplift their feelings in that particular moment.
Wow… what an awesome act of kindness to understand at a young age and to start confidently sharing with others – the gift of a warm smile!
This gift I carry with me to this very day and ensure I share it with my partner at every opportunity I can. And for everyone reading this, please know that your smile is an Ah-MAZING gift you can give to yourself, not to mention to your partner also.
Need more positive reasons to crack a smile?
Well, to name a few:
- There are so many incredible health benefits! Smiling is an easy way to boost your mood, be healthier and feel better. It has been shown to lower stress levels and anxiety – so a thumbs up from me!
- A smile is a welcoming facial expression that tells people you’re willing to talk and interact with them. Looking approachable is key for a loving relationship with your partner.
- It can make people around you feel better! Research shows that smiling is contagious and it can be such a lovely feeling to receive a smile back and inspire happiness in others.
You’re likely to have heard that song made famous by Louis Armstrong:
“When you’re smilin’, the whole world smiles with you.”
It’s so true. Often when I’m on a morning walk, I will receive a smile from a passer-by and it makes such a positive difference to the start of my day. They may have no clue about how a simple facial expression brightened my day.
The great thing is that this small but meaningful gesture is something we can all give to yourself, your partner and others every day. It costs nothing, but creates so much!
It can happen in a flash, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever and can occupy a part of the other person’s heart.
So I’ll leave you with these two opportunities:
- Whenever you’re in a stressful situation or you’re feeling down, how about turning that frown upside down, so you can make the most of the many amazing benefits smiling has to offer?
- How many grins can you inspire with your own today?
If you would like tips and strategies on how you can bring daily smiles to your relationship, simply click the ‘Download Now’ button below to get access to my FREE eBooks.
Also, why not consider sharing it with somebody who could benefit from hearing these tips too? After all #SharingIsCaring
Until next time… A huge toothy grin to you all!
P.S. If you’re having problems seeing how you can bring a smile into your life and/or relationship, let me help you gain some perspective, by CLICKING HERE to book yourself in for a FREE strategy call with me.
Teresha, The Confidence Restyler™ Xx