01 Jun Be A Powerful Chatterbox!
What are your first thoughts when you hear the word “chatterbox?”
- An excessively talkative person?
- Someone who never shuts the hell up?
- A person who blabbers about random stuff that makes no sense?
- Blah Blah Blah
If so, you wouldn’t be the only one! Most people have their chatterbox moments depending on what’s going on in their life; especially if there’s something they need to get off their chest. It’s good to talk!
The danger is when we ramble on without truly witnessing what is actually going in our mind and we don’t take the time to tap into our inner chatterbox, which holds the thoughts, feelings and beliefs running deep within us that we sometimes don’t even know about, both the positive and limiting ones.
Unfortunately, the majority of people don’t know they have limiting beliefs. These limiting beliefs could be about money, relationships, health, anything really and often start from what they saw around them as they were growing up. For example, if a person has seen divorce between their parents, they may hold limiting beliefs that lead them to divorce.
Without knowing they have these limiting beliefs, they go along day after day doing and saying the same things over and over, all the while wondering why they never reach their goals, dreams and desires.
You see, when you have limiting beliefs, you are restricting all that is possible for you by the way you are thinking about it! You’re denying yourself the opportunity to achieve your fullest and highest potential, because these limiting beliefs stand in the way of you attaining your intentions in love, life and your relationships! #Self-Sabotage
Learning about this low vibration energy and your belief system is the key to your success in being a powerful chatterbox!
The most significant conversation is the one we can have with ourselves!
Often, we are being told what is and is not possible by people who either believe in those limitations for themselves or have reason to shape our thinking about ourselves. Sometimes, it’s so that they can maintain some level of control over us. This control can be governmental, societal, religious, parental, romantic or take any number of other forms. What is essential to know is that any view of limitation is an illusion, no matter how real it seems or how strongly you believe it.
You may hear people with limiting beliefs say:
- It’s hopeless e.g. “I’ll never be able to buy a house because I don’t have the money to do so” or “I’ll never be able to salvage my relationship, because it’s going to take too much time and effort.”
When someone thinks something isn’t possible, they won’t even give it a go.
- I’m helpless: e.g. “I’ll never be able to cook because no one ever showed me how to” or “I’ll never be loved because no one has ever shown me love.”
When someone doesn’t know how to do something or think a goal is too big, they start to feel helpless to their situation. As such, the burden of the goal or the steps involved seem too difficult and they give up.
- It’s useless e.g. “I shouldn’t even bother going back to work because I won’t get as much money as I do from benefits” or “I shouldn’t even bother talking to my friend about how I feel because it’s easier to just put up and shut up.”
If something doesn’t seem desirable, they may view it as useless. But most situations have both a short-term and long-term result. Only focusing on short-term results could cause someone to miss an opportunity.
- I’m blameless e.g. “I can’t get a better job because there’s no jobs out there” or “I can’t change my relationship with my father because he’s the one in the wrong and needs to behave differently.”
Blaming external events or situations is the easy and irresponsible “victim” way out. Interestingly, once the current external event is over, they quickly find something else to blame for their situation.
- I’m worthless e.g. “I don’t deserve the job I really desire because I’m not smart/experienced enough” or “I don’t deserve to be in a happy relationship because I’m not good enough.”
Feeling worthless and undeserving stops people noticing what they’re good at and consequently think they’re worthless.
Other limiting beliefs about love and relationships might be that “All men or women leave,” “All men or women cheat” or “Love can’t feel so good, because eventually the other person is going to let me down”.
Can you relate to any of the above limiting beliefs?
If you understand what energy systems and limiting beliefs are running within you that are actually resisting what you want in love, life and your relationships, you can learn to remove those patterns to allow what you desire to flow easily to you in the most resourceful way possible.
Take a look at your current circumstances and be completely honest with yourself about whether or not they are a true reflection of your belief systems.
It’s not about what you would like to believe, what you think you should believe or even what you say you believe. What do you truly believe at your core? What are your true beliefs about what you can or can’t have in love, life and your relationships?
It’s totally possible that you’re not even connected with your core belief system and are therefore convinced that what you say you believe are actually your beliefs and they will feel deep-rooted in who you are.
If your beliefs are serving you and promoting creative self-expression, feelings of self-worth and abundance, then fantastic, you are attracting in harmony with your beliefs. A virtual high five to you!
However, if your reality is not in harmony with those beliefs and you are surrounded by feelings of lack, dissatisfaction, unhappiness or shame, then there is resistance running on some level. This has to be dealt with if your situation is ever going to change.
The great news is that we can change our disempowering limiting beliefs and “Be A Powerful Chatterbox!”
These changes need to come from our core, rather than trying to force ourselves to change, because when these changes happen at the level of our identity, then the resulting actions feel natural. So going to the gym, for example, wouldn’t be a chore, it would be part of who we are. Making healthy food choices wouldn’t be hard, as it would be what we crave from every cell within our body. Putting things off would no longer be an issue, because we wouldn’t fear the action. We would instead welcome it with open arms from a place deep within us.
How can you clear your limiting beliefs and be a powerful chatterbox?
Firstly, it starts by you being kind to your beliefs. You can shake off any ideas of limitation that you may have and replace them with new empowering beliefs that support you in your goals, dreams and desires. Don’t beat yourself up for having the limiting ones, as you can explore these further.
There are many techniques that can be used to help you with this. One simple thing that you can start today is journaling (daily if you can), as you’ll get to witness and observe your thoughts, feelings and beliefs, both positive, loved-based thoughts and negative, fear-based thoughts.
Here are 6 steps to help you become a powerful chatterbox via journaling:
1. Situation – Where were you? When did it happen? Who were you with? What happened? How did it happen?
2. Chatter & Images – What thoughts went through your mind at that time? What troubled you? If you had those thoughts/images/memories – what did they say or mean about you or the situation?
3. Emotion – What emotion did you feel at the time? How intense was that feeling from 0-10 (#10 being the most intense)
4. Behaviours/What you did or didn’t do – What helped you cope and get through it? What didn’t you do or what did you avoid doing? Can you list the automatic reactions you had? What would other people have seen you doing?
5. Body/Physical sensations – What did you notice in your body? What did you feel? Where did you feel it?
6. Choose Differently – How can you choose to think or handle the situation/similar situations differently in an empowering way, now and in the future?
Diamond Clarity Nugget: Every thought you have has an impact. You don’t attract what you want, you attract what you believe!
Finally, my wonderful friends, I can’t impress enough upon you the importance for you to “Be a Powerful Chatterbox!” It’s a game changer that can literally transform your life!
If you would like tips and strategies on how you can achieve your relationship goals, simply click the ‘Download Now’ button below to get access to my FREE eBooks.
I hope you found this article beneficial. I would love to hear your thoughts on it! Have your beliefs held you back from achieving your fullest and highest potential in certain areas of your life? What limiting belief can you start working on changing today? Simply click ‘like’ and please do let me know in the comments box below.
Also, why not consider sharing it with somebody who could benefit from reading this too? After all #SharingIsCaring
Do you need help with tackling your limiting beliefs? As mentioned, there are many techniques that can help with this. Another one besides journaling is my powerful ‘Adjusting Limiting Beliefs’. This can be used to start transforming your belief system today! All you have to do is CLICK HERE and we can chat more about this!
Teresha, The Confidence Restyler™ Xx